Unifilter "ProComp2" two stage air filters are the only proper 2 stage air filters on the market. ProComp2 air filters are two filters in one. All other brands are bonded twin layer filters made by laminating a fine and coarse layers of foam together. The laminating process reduces air flow so to improve air flow the outer layer is made using a coarse grade of foam. This in turn reduces the filtration quality of the filter.
The two layers of foam used to make a ProComp2 dirt bike filter are both fine. This in turn give your bike the best air flow and filtration possible. The two layers can be separated for cleaning. You will not get dust and sand caught between the layers. As you can see from the pictures the outer layer does all the work and the inner layer is a safety stage.
Added to this Unifilter uses 'Ultra Soft" foam seals on the base of the filter. This makes for the perfect seal between the filter cage and air box. Some air filter brands use a rubber seal on the base of their filters. This may work well on a car filter but when dust is involved it can allow for dust to pass if the filter is not seated correctly or the air box plastic warps due to the heat of the engine. Foam seals will compensate for this as they mold better to any imperfection.
When selecting your air filter for your dirt bike you should always select a good quality foam air filter oil. You are best to use a Mineral Based foam filter oil. Mineral Based oils will not dry out like synthetic foam filter oils in extreme dusty conditions. Unifilter "Filter Fix" is a mineral based filter oil that we have developed over the last 30 years. We have not found a better oil for use in Australia's harsh conditions. Always avoid using filter oils that come in metal containers and spray cans. These oils can have an adverse effect on the foam and glues used to make air filters.
- Unifilter’s ProComp2 air filter range are designed for the serious rider.
- 2-Stage filtration provides improved protection for extreme dusty conditions.
- Two individual filters in one, no bonding of layers means no loss of air flow.
- Both layers are made from fine foam for improved filtration, air flow and power.
- Corrugated outer layer provides 100% more surface area than standard filter.
- Layers can be separated for easy cleaning.
- Flexible glue lines. Will not become brittle and crack.
- Ultra-soft seal for improved cage sealing.
- Designed, made and tested in Australia for Australian conditions.
- Air filters are supplied dry and require oiling before use.
- As used by many of Australias leading teams.